We offer a wide variety of professional services to our clients depending on their needs. We are a full-service Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) design team capable of tackling work from intricate small spaces to large-scale facilities, campuses and energy plants. We take an integrative approach to our design of building services and partner with a multitude of Architects, Engineering and Specialty Consultants to deliver reliable, maintainable and efficient systems to support the built environment.
Today’s High Performance Buildings and Complex Projects require current and proven technology, value, functionality, longevity, and performance. GPD consists of only Mechanical and Electrical engineers who collectively work on a range of complex projects every year, each requiring this higher level of design. We believe strongly that the design teams best tooled to provide this level of design for our clients are those teams that are picked for their expertise and past experience on similar projects. Our experience tells us that “Full-service” or multi-discipline design groups sourced from a single firm can rarely bring a level of experience for all disciplines that is not somehow compromised.
All projects have an Owner of some degree, and we feel design work should always be grounded in the Owner’s vision for the work. In conjunction with this, we strive to provide the very best professional services on how to achieve this vision while also meeting the governing standards and criteria for the benefit and safety of the general public. This allows the Owner to focus on the project’s desired outcome.
- Our services include the design of High and Low Voltage Primary and Secondary distribution systems, emergency generator and UPS backup power systems, Fire Alarm and Emergency Notification systems, Healthcare special systems, Interior and Exterior Lighting and control system design, Voice/Data systems, and Security/Access systems.
Cost Estimating and Analysis:
- We utilize a blended approach to estimate project costs, which includes square footage estimates, cost data for labor rates, task hours & general materials, and major equipment cost quotes directly from representatives.
- When possible we use experienced construction contractors to verify specialized labor costs and back check our figures.
- Energy Audits of Existing Facilities & Systems
- Energy Modeling and Life Cycle Cost Analysis of design options.
- Ground-Source Heat Pump Systems
- Solar Hot Water and Photovoltaic (PV) Systems
- Combined Heat & Power Systems Feasibility & Application
- In addition to Consulting Engineering services, we have Project Managers on Staff to provide project leadership focused on meeting the Owner’s overall intent. Our Project Managers are also active Senior Designers who understand how to leverage multi-discipline teams to their fullest potential. We feel providing this service is essential, and ensures teams working from multiple consulting firms arrive at a fully-coordinated design. This process greatly reduces costly errors that can negatively impact construction progress.
- Our services include the design of HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning ), Plumbing, and Building Temperature Controls systems.
- Owner Representation
- Construction Inspection
- Building Science & Forensic Analysis
- Facility Assessments & Studies
- Master Planning for MEP services